Saturday, November 18, 2006

War of the Worlds

Came home and the wife and daughter were watching Eloise at Christmastime. I'd just made it to the lbrary in time to pick up War of the Worlds (2005) the one directed by Spielberg. The wife and daughter were tired from their swim lock-in and sleepover and went to bed early. I watched it and it's quite good and fast passed.

Browsing channels, there's quite a bit on, commercial breaks not withstanding. Bravo has Apocalypse Now (1979) but too many commercials and full screen (ugh). I think this is the redux version. I thought I watched that some months back, but I don't remeber Clean's burial or Willard talking with some women French woman. AMC has Taxi Driver (1976) but again commercials and full screen. TCM is running Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982) in letterbox.

No comments: