Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Morning Radio

Heard most of Tracy Chapman's song Fast Car this morning on the drive into work. I like that song and I love the way she sings. Hope Vitellas, from the free show in June at the Carabar, reminded me of Chapman with her power and presence. It goes back to something I read about the mid or late 1990's concert at Woodstock - the commercial one. There was something about how she and her lone guitar went out after other bigger name bands, U2 comes to mind, and that she still captivated the audience. I checked on Wikipedia and there were several Woodstock Festivals. Looking over Tracy Chapman, I don't see her listed there. The event that I read about may have been either the Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute or the Amnesty International Human Rights Now! Tour. Both of these took place in 1988. Or she could have been on tour with U2.

One station is playing Christmas music already and I caught most of John Lennon's Happy Xmas (War Is Over).

No comments: