Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Vanity Plate - BLOGGER

On the way back from the dentist, I saw a car with a vanity plate reading "BLOGGER". That inspired me to get back to posting. I have a small feeling of sour grapes when it comes to vanity plates. On one hand, they seem a waste of money. Yet my friend David has them. If the state would let me get the ones I wanted when we first went to 7 characters, I'd probably have them and think differently.

I wanted to get "THX 1138", but because they actually issue the plates as three characters followed by four numbers, this will come up automatically and will not be honored as a vanity plate. The BMV site tells me: "The sequences of characters you are trying to request do not meet the reserve standards."

Funny that when I tried "NCC 1701" I get this different message ("Your request is not available, please try again.") This still makes me think that someone was able to get this plate. But I checked "NCC 1702" and it gives the message about not meeting the reserve standards.

(Written on 9/7/2005; back-dated to 9/6/2005)

No comments: